The “Daily Life” section in the main menu will take you to additional text.
The text on this page aims to build on that section, to bring in the bigger picture context and consider this in respect of your life that continues on.
The stories section may help to give the text further meaning for you.
- Try your best in what you think and what you do, both for yourself and towards others
- Do good and be kind, have mercy and be loyal 1
- Pray for strength against doing wrong 1
- Don’t store treasures for yourselves here on earth where moths and rust will destroy them, and thieves can break in and steal them. Give to those who are not as fortunate, and be kind. Store your treasures in your life that continues on. The treasure in your life that continues on never runs out, where thieves can’t steal and moths can’t destroy. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also 1&3
- Don’t try to please yourself, but try to please your God 4
- You cannot serve both your God and worldly riches 1
- Your God wants kindness and mercy more, and for people to ask for forgiveness for the things they have done wrong 1
- Pray for those who hurt you, use you and speak badly of you. Do good and be kind to them. If you do this, you will be true children of your God 1
- Your God causes the sun to rise on good people and on bad people, and he sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong 1
- If you do good only to those who do good to you, what praise should you get? Everyone can do that! If you lend things to people, always hoping to get something back, what thanks should you get? Anyone would lend to others if they knew they’d get back the same amount! But be kind and lend without hoping to get anything back. Then you will have a great reward in your life that continues on and you will be children of your God, because he is kind even to people who are ungrateful and who are bad. Show mercy, just as your God is merciful3
- See other people as also belonging to your God, and not to be used or judged 8
- A self righteous person who vainly gives the appearance of being good may tell you to do things, but they themselves don’t do them. They may make strict rules and try to force people to obey them, but they are unwilling to help those who struggle under the weight of these rules. This person may do good things just so that other people will see them. They love to have the most important seats and they love for people to greet them with respect. People may look and think they are good, but on the inside they are full of hypocrisy 1
- The greatest person in your life that continues on will be the one who makes themselves humble like a child in this life 1
- Whoever makes themselves great will be made humble. Whoever makes themselves humble will be made great 1
- There are those who have the lowest place in life now who will have the highest place in the future. And there are those who have the highest place now who will have the lowest place in the future 3
- Whoever can be trusted with a little can also be trusted with a lot, and whoever is dishonest with a little is dishonest with a lot. If you cannot be trusted with worldly riches, then who will trust you with true riches? And if you cannot be trusted with things that belong to someone else, who will give you things of your own? 3
- Try to give to your God one-tenth of everything you earn by giving to those less fortunate, as well as seeking to do good and be kind 1
- The way you give to others is the way your God will give to you, but your God will give you even more in your life that continues on 1
- Your giving should be done in secret. Your God can see what is done in secret, and will reward you in your life that continues on 1
- Anything you did for even the least of people here, you also did for your God 1
- When you pray, you should go into your room and close the door and pray to your God who cannot be seen. When you pray to your God, pray that what your God wants will be done; that we are given food and guidance each day; that we are forgiven as we forgive others; and that we are not led towards things that are not right 1
- Always be ready, because you don’t know when your God will come 1
- You must accept as if you were a child that your life will continue on, or you will not be where you God is in your life that continues on 3
- Seek to be where you God is in your life that continues on. Don’t fear, because your God wants this for you 1
- The only people who will be with your God in your life that continues on are those who do what your God wants, and doesn’t just say they believe 1
- Whoever follows your God by trying to do good and being kind, and leads other people to do so, will be great in your life that continues on 1
- Do good and be kind for your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength and all your mind. Also, do to others as you would want them to do to you 3
- Ask your God for help
- Accept that anything we have been given is because of your God, and at any time it may be gone 8
- Ask that what your God wants is done, rather than what you want
- The work your God wants you to do is this: believe Jesus’ life and follow this as a good example 4
- If people want to follow the example of Jesus’ life, they must give up the things they want. They must be willing even to give up their lives to follow Jesus’ example. Those who want to save their lives will give up true life. But those who give up their lives to follow the example of Jesus and for the Good News will have true life. It is worth nothing for a person to have the whole world if they lose their souls in your life that continues on. They could never pay enough to buy back their souls. The people who live now are living in a time of bad things. If people are ashamed of Jesus and his teaching, Jesus will be ashamed of them when your life continues on 2
- All those who stand before others and say they believe in Jesus’ life, Jesus will say before your God that they belong to him 1
- You must worship your God and serve only him 1
The Farmer Planting Seed
A farmer went out to plant his seed. While he was planting, some seed fell by the road. People walked on the seed, and the birds ate it up. Some seed fell on rocky ground where there wasn’t much earth. That seed grew very fast, but when the sun rose, the plants dried up because they did not have deep roots. Some seed fell among thorny weeds, but the weeds grew up with it and choked the good plants, so those plants did not produce a crop. And some seed fell on good ground and grew and produced a good crop. Some plants made 30 times more seed, some made 60 times more and some 100 times more seed.
This is what the story means: the farmer is like a person who plants your God’s message in people, and the seed is your God’s message.
The seed that fell beside the road is like the people who hear your God’s teaching but don’t understand it. They have doubts that take the teaching away from them, so they cannot believe it and be saved. The seed that fell on rocky ground is like those people who hear your God’s teaching and quickly accept it with joy, but they don’t allow the teaching to go deep into their lives. They believe for a while, but when trouble comes, they quickly give up. The seed that fell among the thorny weeds is like those who hear your God’s teaching, but they let the worries, riches and desires of this life keep them from growing and producing good fruit in their lives. And the seed that fell on good ground is like those people who hear your God’s teaching and accept it. They grow and patiently produce fruit – sometimes 30 times more, sometimes 60 times more and sometimes 100 times more 2&3
Being Humble in Thought
A self righteous person who vainly gave the appearance of being holy and a tax collector both went to pray. The self righteous person stood alone and prayed, “God, I thank you that I am not like other people who steal, cheat or take part in adultery, or even like this tax collector. I give up eating twice a week, and I give one tenth of everything I earn!”
The tax collector, standing at a distance, would not even look up to heaven. But he beat on his chest because he was so sad. He said, “God, have mercy on me, a sinner.” I tell you, when this person went home, they were right with your God, but the self righteous person was not. All who make themselves great will be made humble, but all who make themselves humble will be made great 3
A woman named Martha let Jesus stay at her house. Martha had a sister named Mary, who was sitting at Jesus’ feet and listening to him teach. But Martha was busy with all the work to be done.
She went in and said, “Don’t you care that my sister has left me alone to do all the work? Tell her to help me.” But Jesus answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things. Only one thing is important. Mary has chosen the better thing, and it will never be taken away from her.” 3
Intentions behind your plans
There was a rich man who had some land, which grew a good crop. He thought to himself, “What will I do? I have no place to keep all my crops.” Then he said, “This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and other goods. Then I can say to myself, “I have enough good things stored to last for many years. Rest, eat, drink and enjoy life!”
But your God said to him, “Foolish man! Tonight your life will be taken from you. So who will get those things you have prepared for yourself?” This is how it will be for those who store up things for themselves and are not rich towards your God 3