The “Dealing with worries” section in the main menu at the top of the page will take you to additional text.
The text on this page aims to build on that section, to bring in the bigger picture context and consider this in respect of your life that continues on.
The stories section may help to give the text further meaning for you.
- Try your best in what you think and what you do, both for yourself and towards others
- Your God can do all things – all things are possible 2
- Always pray and never lose hope 3
- Don’t be afraid; just believe 2
- Those people who know they have great spiritual needs are blessed, because they will be with their God in their life that continues on. Those who are sad now are blessed, because their God will comfort them. Those who are humble and meek are blessed, because they will be with their God in their life that continues on. Those who want to do right more than anything else are blessed, because their God will fully satisfy them. Those who show mercy to others are blessed, because their God will show mercy to them. Those who have good intentions in their thinking and in their heart are blessed, because they will be with their God. Those who work to bring peace are blessed, because their God will call them his children. Those who are treated badly for doing good are blessed, because they will be with their God in their life that continues on 1
- If you don’t allow the teaching to go deep into your lives, you will keep it only for a short time. When trouble comes, you may quickly give it up 2
- The worries of this life, the temptation of wealth and many other desires may keep the teaching from growing and being fruitful in your lives 1 so guard against these
- Don’t worry and say, “What will we eat?” or “What will we drink?” or “What will we wear?” The people who don’t know your God keep trying to get these things, and your God knows you need them. The thing you should want most is to be with your God in your life that continues on, and doing what your God wants – by trying your best to do good and be kind. Then all these other things you need will be given to you. So don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries. Each day has enough trouble of its own 1
Intentions and Actions
- You try to get praise from each other, but you should try to get the praise that comes from your God, for your life that continues on 4
- Your God even knows how many hairs are on your head. So don’t be afraid 1
- Don’t be afraid of people. People can kill the body, but after that can do nothing more to hurt you 3
- Your God knows what is really in your hearts 3
- You will be saved by asking your God to forgive you for the wrongs you have done and thought 3
- People will insult you, be against you and hurt you. They will lie and say all kinds of bad things about you because you follow Jesus’ example. But when they do, be happy. Rejoice and be glad, because you have a great reward waiting for you in your life that continues on 1
- There is peace in your life that continues on 3
- Jesus did not come to destroy the souls of people but to save them 3
- All those who have left houses, wives, brothers, parents or children to do good and so be with their God in their life that continues on will get much more in this life. And in the life that is coming, they will have life for ever 3
- By continuing to have faith you will save your lives 3
- Who can be saved? God can do things that are not possible for people to do 3
A place to belong
If a person has 100 sheep but one of the sheep gets lost, they will leave the other 99 sheep on the hill and go to look for the lost sheep. I tell you the truth, that person is happier about finding that one sheep than about the 99 that were never lost.
In the same way, your God in your life that continues on does not want anyone to be lost 1
Don’t think little children are worth nothing. They have angels who are always with your God in your life that continues on 1
There was a man who had been born blind. Jesus’ followers asked him, “Whose sin caused this man to be born blind – his own sin or his parents’ sin?” Jesus answered, “It is not this man’s sin that made him be blind. This man was born blind so that your God’s power could be shown in him.” 4
This is what people are like who hear Jesus’ words and follow them: That person is like someone building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on rock. When the floods came, the water tried to wash the house away, but it could not shake it, because the house was built well. But the one who hears Jesus’ words and does not follow them is like a person who built their house on the ground without a foundation. When the floods came, the house quickly fell and was completely destroyed 3